Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cannes Update

So its day 5 here for the festival.....I think anyway who knows. Over the past few nights I have been trying to go out and talk to people and really get to see what everyone here is up to these days. I've gotten so many little opportunities to really talk to people around. The way Cannes works is that if you have a lot of money to blow you can go out every night, get in where ever, and do anything. If you do not have money then you are really limited as to what you can do around here. It's mean to say but hey it's the truth and I am not going to hold anything back from you. Going out at night has just become a hassle because you have to pay for a taxi to get to the center of Cannes and then again to get back. So cabs really start to add up, even with just five people nobody every has money or doesn't comprehend how to use the euro

Ive seen a handful of films so far some of which have been decent. I plan on attending a few red carpet premieres while I am here. However, networking is just killing me, it's that that it is hard to do, just expensive because as I said everything in Cannes costs money! I have been pretty good on saving my money and trying to network during the day, but in the Pavilion all of the wait staff get to schmooze while they work and we sort of get the back burner. I understand some things are luck of the draw, and yeah jobs may be, but when it comes down to networking and talking they clearly have the best jobs because it's their job TO TALK to people in power!!!

In the world of networking I did meet a few filmmakers from Mass one guy is actually from Southwick which is awesome, so he has given me the hook up to talk to a lot of these people around here. Other than that Ive met some guys from London and frankly a few other people who just don't care.

Such is Life.....over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment