Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Festival Opening

Well, It came, I saw it, and a sort of watched it go by.

The Cannes Film Festival had it's first official day today. All of the Pavilions were open and the screenings started up. I can honestly say due to staying up to listen to play off hockey the night before was a good idea. I kind of missed the whole day here. I woke up later than expected didn't really get to do what I wanted and then went to work. Now the thing you have to understand about my job is that I work in membership, and for those of you keeping track at home It's like being an SDA...... yeah I know. I will let you draw your own conclusions. I will say work was fun, as much fun as work can be on the first day of the festival. People were constantly flowing in and out; they needed their memberships, ID's scanned......normal things right?

I didn't get to see a single film today mainly because everything was so so busy, and frankly I am not happy about this at all. I plan on seeing many while I am here, and 50 AmPav students did win tickets to go see Woody Allens A Night in Paris, which I will admit is pretty cool. Other than that, the weather if wonderful, I couldn't complain about it if I even wanted to.

Last night as well I was able to go on a walk with two of my mentors Kevin, who is a professor at ASU, and Karen who works at FullSail University in Florida. Both were extremely knowledgeable and knew what they were talking about. On top of that they were funny, we all shared a few laughs. They picked our brains about the program, gave us some tips to life, and we did the same back.....well minus the life giving tips. I will say when we spoke about what was occurring in our lives and here on the trip they agreed with us on many many things. Which I was thankful for because I didn't want to think I was crazy and the only one really noticing these specific things that are happening here. They were full of laughs and lots of information. I am going have to remember to keep in touch with Karen, she is a fountain of knowledge and knows exactly what she is talking about, she is a good person to have in your corner. Kevin was great as well, he is a huge hockey fan. The only downside is that he is a Red Wings fan, but he knew his stuff on film and television. It was great to hear someone like him talk normally and be so excited about a specific subject!

Tomorrow is a new day.....which also starts at 615am.....oh joy. Here is hoping for a more productive tomorrow....Over and Out

No comments:

Post a Comment